-
October 12th, 2001, 10:00 AM
#1
Dominic3
Guest
Is it true that Damiano's famous porn film of the 1970's, "Deep Throat", was shot on Super 8?
------------------
-
October 12th, 2001, 02:20 PM
#2
chas_ucla
Guest
I'm pretty sure it was at least 16mm.
------------------
-
October 13th, 2001, 06:08 AM
#3
Matt Pacini
Guest
Someone send me a copy & I'll tell you what it was shot on! (har har).
Yeah, I've heard that before video, almost all porno's were shot on 16mm.
However, I knew someone who saw a Marilyn Monroe porn short, where she is (how can I say this gently), using a device on herself for pleasure, and it was shot on 8mm I think. (This would have been before Super 8, probably).
Also, there were lots of "stag films" which were basically short porns, shot on 8mm and I think Super 8. I think lots of them were B&W, and this was probably what Marilyn Monroe did, a little B&W 8mm short.
I've seen them for sale on ebay, and at my brothers bachelor party, they showed one!
This was in like, 1972 I think (I'm dating myself... I was the youngest one there though, and they wouldn't let me into the room to see). This was before everyone started hiring strippers...
Matt Pacini
------------------
-
October 13th, 2001, 06:40 AM
#4
dogstarman
Guest
The Marilyn Monroe films are real. There are
several. I once had a guy bring one into my store to be transfered. It was 400' of 8mm. I watched it before sending it out to be transfered (you would have too...). Nothing shocking that I saw. The print was badly deteriorated and poorly spliced in several spots, which caused the projector to jam and almost burn a frame or two...
It was no big deal. It was not "Marilyn Monroe", looking the way she did in Some Like It Hot or The Asphalt Jungle (Woohoo!!!). She had very long hair, and looked more the way she did in the first issue of Playboy.
....O.K. I've said enough....
------------------
-
October 13th, 2001, 10:13 AM
#5
Alex
Guest
Speaking of Marilyn Monroe. Was her "fame" an anti-woman statement by men?
I mean, weren't there other woman of her time who contributed on many different levels, brains, beauty, class, who will forever be forgotten so a skank like Marilyn can live on in their place?
Did Marilyn Monroe represent a one-dimensional character so men wouldn't feel threatened by women's emergence in our society?
------------------
Alex
-
October 13th, 2001, 04:03 PM
#6
8th Man
Guest
Alex "Mixin' it up again"
I can't say I would agree with here. I don't think her fame was a calculated statement by anyone, unless by her maybe.
I really don't think men decide to like someone in this way for a reason like that.
I've never been a fan of her but there is no denying that she did, and continues to appeal to many men, and women for that matter.
I watched "The Seven Year Itch" with some ladies that I thought were going to be offended by her, but to my surprise they liked her a lot and didn't find her characterization offensive at all.
Were there other women that were contributing on other levels? Yup, and there are now too but it's still the Britany Spears of the world that get press and I can't rest it all the blame on the backs of men.
I'm more offended by the portrail of many women today than of any Marylin Monroe Character. I am surprised to hear about these M.M. stag films though.
------------------
PRM
-
October 13th, 2001, 06:31 PM
#7
Alex
Guest
You shouldn't be surprised my the MM films.
Most famous female performers had to be a skank early on to please a male (perhaps even a female).
It's a sad fact of life.
I don't think you really refuted my point.
I think the only way to refute my point is to name famous woman from the last century, who weren't skanks.
I see dead people (female) who may have been brilliant in so many ways, just shoveled over in their graves so we can go on "honoring" Marilyn.
How much different is that than the abuse the Taliban heap on their own women?
------------------
Alex
-
October 14th, 2001, 02:46 AM
#8
Matt Pacini
Guest
First of all, I thought MM was much more attractive before she got famous, and got her "look".
Alex, once again, I'm going to have to disagree with your political spin on things non-political.
1. There were many women then (as now) who were very sexual, and very famous (Sophia Loren, Jane Mansfield, etc.), but you're discounting the "martyr" syndrome, when someone dies tragically.
Marilyn Monroe got WAY more famous, after she died, just like Elvis presley, who's career was about where Wayne Newton's is now.
2. Far more women are Marilyn Monroe fans that men, so how can you possibly explain this in any way as being sexist, or as men dominating, etc.? In fact, I've never known a guy who was a big MM fan, or even heard many men say they thought she was all that attractive. Same thing now, with all the girls loving Britney Spears and Madonna.
3. It's simple supply and demand, and in the entertainment business, it's all about fantasy, and it's silly to try to project things like men's expectations and fears, etc., on these actors, and the type of characters they play.
This makes as much sense, as saying that women want men to carry machine guns and blast the crap out of anything that moves, just because Schwartzenneger is the highest paid actor in the world, doing exactly those things.
We pay our $8.75 or whatever, to go see a movie with Steven Segal, Stallone, Van Damme, or Arnie beat the shit or out of, or shoot a bunch of people, and we also pay our $8.75 to see really sexy women being really sexual.
It has nothing to do with what we REALLY expect of the opposite sex.
Jeez, if you believe this, then why don't you criticise women for loving Russell Crowe?
Do women want their men to dismember people and be gladiators?
Matt Pacini
------------------
-
October 14th, 2001, 02:53 AM
#9
Matt Pacini
Guest
First of all, I thought MM was much more attractive before she got famous, and got her "look".
Alex, once again, I'm going to have to disagree with your political spin on things non-political.
1. There were many women then (as now) who were very sexual, and very famous (Sophia Loren, Jane Mansfield, etc.), but you're discounting the "martyr" syndrome, when someone dies tragically.
Marilyn Monroe got WAY more famous, after she died, just like Elvis presley, who's career was about where Wayne Newton's is now.
2. Far more women are Marilyn Monroe fans that men, so how can you possibly explain this in any way as being sexist, or as men dominating, etc.? In fact, I've never known a guy who was a big MM fan, or even heard many men say they thought she was all that attractive. Same thing now, with all the girls loving Britney Spears and Madonna.
3. It's simple supply and demand, and in the entertainment business, it's all about fantasy, and it's silly to try to project things like men's expectations and fears, etc., on these actors, and the type of characters they play.
This makes as much sense, as saying that women want men to carry machine guns and blast the crap out of anything that moves, just because Schwartzenneger is the highest paid actor in the world, doing exactly those things.
We pay our $8.75 or whatever, to go see a movie with Steven Segal, Stallone, Van Damme, or Arnie beat the shit or out of, or shoot a bunch of people, and we also pay our $8.75 to see really sexy women being really sexual.
It has nothing to do with what we REALLY expect of the opposite sex.
Jeez, if you believe this, then why don't you criticise women for this also?
Matt Pacini
------------------
-
October 14th, 2001, 02:58 AM
#10
8th Man
Guest
Alex,
I think you are pushing this discussion to see how many time you can use the word "skank" in one topic.
No I don't think most famous women performers had to be a skank early on to please a male.
I think the progression would be that a woman would lower herself(literally) to please a man in order to become famous, not the other way around. But I would still say it's over the line to assume MOST have done this unless our criteria differs. So for the moment lets stick with stag films. Most famous women performers have not done stag films.If they had they'd be in every celebrity skin type mag, but they're not. Instead we get a video still from a scene of brief nudity from a legitimate production. Or something stupid like the Pam Anderson Tommy Lee video that I think falls into another catagory.
Name another performer that's not a skank?
Come on, man. I'm starting to wonder if you're even serious here.Most aren't and weren't. I don't even think Marilyn was. She may have Skanked once. She may have Skanked twice. She may have been the skankiest skank that ever got her skank skanked in a skank film. But I don't think so.
Sould we go on honoring her and not others more disserving? No, of corse not and that hold true for countless others in this world , but it may simply be timing. She died in '62 and like James Dean and Sid Vicious and others that went in their "prime" she gains icon status. If she were alive today she'd either be about as famous as Elizabeth Tayor or someone like that or she'd be desperately scratching at the inside of her coffin trying to get out.
Your last statement comparing this to the Taliban needs no reponse.
------------------
PRM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks